Re: Creating GdkEvents?

On 11 Jun 2001 16:30:14 -0400, David J. Topper wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm having some trouble sending events around CanvasItems and
> GtkAdjustments.  I'm thinking I need to create a new event type,
> something like "activate" or "trigger_my_event."  But the functions
> listed to do that seem a bit heavy for my used (eg., # of bytes for
> function() pointer?).
>
> Where can I get a list of Gdk/Gtk Events for a given class?
>
> Or if anyone has some advice or sample code on creating my own event,
> I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Topper
> --
> Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
> http://www.people.virginia.edu/~djt7p
> (804) 924-7355

I don't think you want GdkEvents. Most (or all) of them are translations
of X Window Events, like an event to redraw a window, resize it, move a
mouse, etc, etc.

I think what you want is a GtkSignal. The definition of the signals can
be found in the .h files (most of the fuction pointers in the class
structure) or in the API documentation on http://developer.gnome.org.
Often however there isn't really a good description so you'll have to
figure out yourselves when a signal is emitted.

You can also define you're own signals i believe using a function of
GtkObject (think it's called gtk_object_add_user_event or something like
that).

--
Jeroen Benckhuijsen

Software Engineer