Hacks needed.

I have a few questions that hopefully someone could help me with.

1) Does anyone know why the vertical scrollbar in a scrollable gtklist
doesn't function when the list contains more than 2500 items?
2) Does anyone know why the pixmap in a gtkctreenode disappears when the
node is expanded?
3) Does anyone know why the horizontal scrollbar for a ctree doesn't appear
at all (with Automatic scroll Policy)?

If anyone knows any hacks around these bugs then that would be great,
especially number two as that is the most annoying.

Thanks for your time

Ian King