Re: Help, how to set background color of a text(window)

>Hi everyone,
>   We are currently writing a text editor and I wonder

<rant>
despite the mellifluous superfluousness of existing text based
applications for unix like operating systems, we have decided to
implement yet another text editor that will no doubt include bits and
pieces of the functionality offered by the other 3 dozen or more text
editors listed at FreshMeat but will still fail to do everything done
by long lived text editors that don't meet our particular aesthetic
criteria.
</rant>

>whether there is an easy way to set up the background
>color of a text widget (or a window).

Have you read Havoc's color-setting FAQ? Search the archives of this
list; it was posted here recently. It would be nice if it showed up in
the GTK FAQ.

--p