Re: seg fault, gtk_fixed_expose

Thomas J Lewis wrote:
> get segmentation fault when clicking
> on windows. doesn't happen all the time.
> doesn't point to a line of code in my software.
> running xxgdb get error message:

> 0x401ba306 in gtk_fixed_expose () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
> (xxgdb)

Hi Tom, if this happens with your application, and other GTK programs on
your machine are OK, it's probably a problem in your code somewhere.

This sort of thing is uaually a memory problem: you're perhaps freeing
something twice, or writing beyond the end of an area of memory you
allocated. Try running with electric fence, or try memprof.

HTH, John