Re: getting a GtkWidget*

From: "Damon Chaplin" <damon ximian com>

> Glade outputs a lookup_widget() function in support.c that you can use.

Thanks. I eventually worked my way down to the Glade FAQ in the tarball. I
was looking for something native to Gtk, where the lookup_widget depends on
Glade sticking the name/pointer pair into the top level widget and later
retrieving it.

It certainly works. I'm a little sensitive about user data; I work with a
suite of Motif apps that go back almost 10 years -- appending data to a
widget has be used and abused over those years to the point you never know
just what might be lurking in some widget.