Re: Focussed vs. prelighted widgets

Simon Budig <Simon Budig unix-ag uni-siegen de> writes:
> Is there a real reason, why I have to use a theme engine? I'm interested
> if there are fundamental reasons, why it is not possible to change the
> colors of focussed widgets / "FOCUSSED" is not a real state
> (as in NORMAL, ACTIVE, PRELIGHT, SELECTED, INSENSITIVE)?

The "widget state" concept is kind of broken - Owen had a proposal to
fix it, but it's not going to make GTK 2.

Part of the breakage is that you have a set of mutually exclusive
options, but all interesting features of a widget are not mutually
exclusive. Say for example you wanted to add a FOCUSED state; but
widgets can be active/normal/prelighted/selected and _also_ focused.
So it wouldn't really work out very well.

Havoc