Re: gtk_color_selection_dialog fails (fwd)

Mathew Yeates <mathew fugue jpl nasa gov> writes:

> Hi
> Using gtk 1.2.8 I get an error when I run testgtk and bring up a color
> selection dialog.
> I get
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial 1835 error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0
>
> This only happens when I have my .gtkrc set up to use the libpixmap  engine.
> After
> looking at the code for gtkrgb.c, I saw comments that suggested that multiple
> contexts
> are not supported. Maybe thats why its crashing?
>
> Any way around this?

Not really. The problem is probably that you have an 8/24 display,
GTK+ is using the default 8-bpp visual, but imlib is trying
to use the 24 bpp visual.

(Selective use of gtk_widget_push_colormap/visual() can help, but
without linking your app to imlib, there is no real way of knowing
what visual/colormap imlib is using. You could guess that it is the
same as the gdk_rgb_get_cmap(),gdk_rgb_get_visual() - that will
frequently, but not always be true.)

The pixmap engine should be avoided for serious work. It broken in a
lot of ways.

Regads,
                                        Owen