Re:How to set GTK_CONFIG

Thanks for the infor but neither worked. export gave me a message of declare -x GTK_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin and the /etc/profile already had PATH=/usr/local/bin; still got the same error when I ran ./configure that it can not find gtk-config.

Did I miss something?

Joe

Kerry <needles industrialmusic com> wrote:
> in bash,export  GTK_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin

to change the path system wide you can add /usr/local/bin to the PATH
variable in /etc/profile.
I don't think it gets read until you reboot or run some command that
I don't know.

Another issue, you'll probably have later is that /usr/local/lib
will not be in your library path. To fix that add
/usr/local/lib
to /etc/ld.so.conf
then run ldconfig to reread and process the file.

Other options are when compiling software to always put it where
the rest of youritems are by which I'm assuming is /usr
(that's true for RedHat and some others)
you do that with
./configure --prefix=/usr

Regards,

Kerry