Re: Gdk_Region (Gtkmm question)

> From: "Charles Petersen" <mauddib hotmail com>
>
> I asked this question first on the gtkmm list, but have gotten zero
> want to pose my question on this list.  So...
>
> I'm having problems with the Gdk_Region wrapper.  I'm trying to use it to
> make a hexagonal area to clip with, but it doesn't seem that the wrapper
> does anything it all.  It exists, but the only way to create a Gdk_Region is
> to pass it another Gdk_Region...so I can't really create one of my own at
> all.  The headers say "this needs work", so has it been implemented at all
> yet?  Searching through the archives I found a similar complaint, and an
> attached implementation (which i havn't been able to get to compile), but is
> there a standard fix?

I don't know anything about gtkmm, but the gtk+ function that you
want a wrapper for is gdk_region_polygon(). If you've got the
time and the skill, I'm sure the gtkmm people would appreciate
a patch including a wrapper for that function (and possibly others
that they haven't got around to implementing yet).

Ron Steinke