Eliminating focus

I`m developing a GTK application that does not use
mouse, and I want to eliminate any possibility of
focus in Widgets in my windows because I use the
keyboard to control my program, when I press arrows
keys I see the focus changing widget to widget.

I use this code in my program to catch changing focus
but when I press arrow button the program "freeze" in
the next focus widget up to crash seconds later:

                   .
                   .
                   .

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(button_cancela),
                   "focus_in_event",
                   GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(coloca_foco),
                   GTK_OBJECT(window_edit));
                   .
                   .
                   .

void
coloca_foco(GtkWidget *objeto)
{
gtk_widget_grab_focus(objeto);
}

( window_edit is the main window program )

What I do ??????

Very Thanks for any help

Flavio
flaviothunder yahoo com br