From: Havoc Pennington [mailto:hp redhat com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 7:19 AM
To: Andrei Zmievski
Cc: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: return values of event handlers

Andrei Zmievski <andrei ispi net> writes:
> In event handlers, I assume the return value indicates whether the
> event should be propagated to other handlers or not?

Other widgets. All handlers for the current signal run regardless of
return value. If the return value _of the entire emission_ is FALSE,
then the event is propagated to the next parent widget. Note that the
return value of your handler may not be the return value of the entire
emission.

As Paul says, in GTK 2 a return of FALSE immediately ends the current
emission, but this is not the case in 1.2.

Havoc