Re: Session managment

> >Did anyone coded a session management in GTK (without using GNOME). I
> >have a small application and dont want link GNOME stuff against it.
>
> isn't this a non-sequitur ? GTK is a widget toolkit. it doesn't know
> anything about sessions or session management, which are conceptually
> part of a desktop like GNOME.
>
> or maybe i'm wrong.

You are right. GTK does not have any API for session-management. The
session management API in Gnome is a pretty simple (and thin) wrapper
around the X session management API. So, if you want session management
in your GTK program without using gnome-libs, you will have to use the X
session management API directly.

Check out http://developer.gnome.org/arch/sm/ for links to documentation
on X session management.

    = Loban