Re: Session managment

>Because a SM code needs information about the toplevel window it would
>not be so easy to use X functions. I found some piece of code, but I
>don't know if I can mix it with gtk. Here a piece of it:

GTK works on several other platforms than just X. The stuff you're
describing is totally X specific - such things never seemed like a
good idea to me.

GNOME or KDE can do what you want, and its the right place for
it. Session Management is not part of GTK, which is a toolkit for
drawing widgets, and I think you'd be foolhardy to attempt it with GTK
(you'd almost certainly have to drop down to X functions anyway).

on the other <gdk/gdkx.h> has some functions and macros that may
interest you.

--p