GtkType defined in a gmodule?

What's the right way to handle a GtkType that's defined in a loadable
module that can get unloaded and reloaded multiple times? There's no
way to remove an existing GtkType, so the module can't clean up on
exit. However, from what I can see reusing the type by using
gtk_type_from_name to get it is not really safe, since the GtkTypeNode
contains pointers to things that could have changed addresses in the
process of unloading and reloading the library. But there does not
appear to be a way to change the already created GtkType either.

Is there no way to do this right? If so, the implications for shlib
Bonobo components are very unfortunate.

If there is a way to do it I'd appreciate pointers.

 - MAciej