Re: Display

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Ronald Bultje wrote:

 Hi,

 First,
	 #include <gdk/gdkx.h>
 And then use
	GDK_DISPLAY()
 to X display your program runs on.

 Drawable is also X primitive (either pixmap or window id), acquire it
	GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW(gdkwindow)
 i.e. parmater 'gdkwindow' should be of type GdkWindow. To get GdkWindow from
 GtkWidget, do
	GTK_WIDGET(widget)->window
 So, to get Drawable from GtkWidget widget:
	GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW(GTK_WIDGET(widget)->window)

 HTH.

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to use some functions from the V4L-extension in XFree 4.
> Basically, I want to use these functions:
>
> extern int XvSelectVideoNotify(Display *display, Drawable drawable, Bool
> onoff);
> extern int XvSelectPortNotify(Display *display, XvPortID port, Bool onoff);
>
> I assume Drawable is just a GTK-object in which I can put objects (vbox,
> hbox, window). My question is, what is this "Display" and how do I get/make
> it?
>
> Ronald

 Best regards,
  -Vlad