Re: PangoLayout - problem with (re)drawing

klakier pld org pl (Rafał Kleger-Rudomin) writes:
> PROBLEM:
> When the window appears on the screen first time, i get
> all may pango layouts (but the notebook is not drawn yet),
> but after the second (sleep(1)) all they get cleared, and then
> the notebook appears as well as rectangle, despite of
> it was drawn before pangolayouts.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying there, but I
don't think it's from using the wrong PangoLayout function.

> I looked into gtklabel sources and have not found any pango_x_render_layout's
> It looks the label is rendered using gtk_paint_layout from gtkstyle instead.
> Unfortunatelly, gtk_paint_layout is not documented.
>
> Any docs, hints, examples on how to properly draw PangoLayout?

gdk_draw_layout() is probably what you want. It just renders a layout
to a GdkDrawable. gtk_paint_layout() renders a themed layout, using
a widget's style. So themes can override what gtk_paint_layout() does.

Havoc