Re: patch submitted not in patches, applied, unapplied or outdated

"R. Bernstein" <rocky panix com> writes:
> FTP'd a small patch to glib that I use that facilitates finding memory
> leaks (a tad).
>
> I can't see if it's in incoming. It isn't in patches, patches/applied,
> patches/unapplied or patches/outdated. I made a small typo in the date
> (gtk-rocky-001501-0.patch.gz instead of gtk-rocky-011501-0.patch.gz),
> can that be why the patch hasn't moved?
>
> How often do patches move out of incoming?

Usually every few months. One thing to do, in addition to putting the
patch on the ftp site, is file a bug on bugzilla.gnome.org - this
will let the developers track the patch as a TODO item and will also
give them a place to put comments about why the patch was accepted or
not.

Also, if you want discussion/feedback on patches, feel free to post to
gtk-devel-list. If you just upload to the ftp site, usually you won't
get a mail response.

Havoc