Re: gtk themes

Michael Natterer wrote:
> add this to ~/.gtkrc.mine which should be included by ~/.gtkrc
>
> === snip
>
> style "tooltips"
> {
>   fg[NORMAL] = { 0.0,  0.0,  0.0  } /* black  */
>   bg[NORMAL] = { 0.94, 0.90, 0.54 } /* yellow */
> }
>
> widget "gtk-tooltips" style "tooltips"

  I've mentioned this before, and never really had a decent resolution.

  I've taken to adding that final 'widget' line to all my downlaoded
themes, *none* of which set up tooltips "correctly".

  However, since they /do/ all have 'tooltip' entries (after a fashion),
the question is: are /all/ the themes I have doing the wrong thing, or is
the themeing actually broken somewhere? (they're all pixmap themes, so it
could well be a funny in the pixmap theme engine).

  The other obvious question is: why haven't *any* of the theme authors
noticed? Or have they got a secret fix they've implemented globally?

--
Neil Bird                          |  If this .signature   |