Re: manedit

Allin Cottrell wrote:

> Anyone else tried the new GTK-based man page editor,
> http://wolfpack.twu.net/ManEdit/ ?
>
> It looks good, but I can't get it to run (Linux-2.4.0,
> glibc-2.2, gtk-1.2.8).  It segfaults on start-up (trace below).
> Any obvious bug candidates for this sort of thing?
>
> (The odd thing is that it runs OK on my home system, with kernel
> 2.2.18 and glibc-2.1.3.)

It will run if you're lucky, there are multiple duplicate free()s that
happen.

I made a big patch that cleaned up the freeing added a safer free, and
beautified the source.  I fixed all the segfaults I found.  This is
against 0.4.  The patch is huge because I converted all the mixed white
space into a single 4sp tab form.  It used to be pretty awful :P

The patch is on
http://www.blue-labs.org/patches/manedit-0.4-big.patch.bz2

-d

--
..NOTICE fwd: fwd: fwd: type emails will be deleted automatically.
      "There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are