Re: Spin buttons and direction

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Jeff Shipman <shippy nmt edu> writes:
> > I have a set of three spinbuttons that I use
> > for a date. I've set it up so it takes special
> > care for february and leap years, but I would
> > also like to know whether the up or down arrow
> > has been pressed. This way I know how to modify
> > the value in the spinbutton. How can I do
> > this?
>
> Presumably you can just see whether the new value is larger or smaller
> than the old value?
>
> For dates, you definitely want to use the "input" and "output"
> signals, look at testgtk.c in the GTK source distribution for a nice
> example that lets you choose months January-December. For a long time
> I didn't know about these two signals, they are a very useful feature.

That's because they will be new for GTK+-2.0; the very first feature
added to the 1.3 branch, in fact.

Sun Feb 28 16:46:02 1999  Stefan Jeske  <stefan gtk org>

	* gtk/gtkspinbutton.[c,h] gtk/testgtk.c: Added two new signals to
	GtkSpinButton, "input" and "output", to make the output more flexible.
 	The user has to provide a mapping between adjustment->value and the
 	output string (and vice versa, if the spin button is editable).
	See testgtk for examples.

Sat Feb 27 01:18:47 1999  Tim Janik  <timj gtk org>

	* ChangeLog: moved old ChangeLog to ChangeLog.pre-1-2, and started
	new one.

	* configure.in: set gtk+ version to 1.3.0.

Regards,
                                        Owen