Re: global cursor setting?

    Alan> Does anyone know how to go about setting a window containing multple
    Alan> widgets to have a single cursor?  I am currently trying to modify
    Alan> the gtkfilesel.c file to change the cursor to a GDK_WATCH regardless
    Alan> of which widget the cursor is over while performing filename
    Alan> completion stuff using;

    Alan> gdk_window_set_cursor(GTK_WIDGET(fs)->window,
    Alan> gdk_cursor_new(GDK_WATCH));

    Alan> The code compiles fine, but the cursor does not change at all when I
    Alan> run the code?!?!?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For fileselection, I think you may have to get the parent of the widget
returned when one is created.  Otherwise, setting the cursor on a dialog
widget should work for all it's children as well.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson