Re: GTK tooltips theming fixed?

Owen Taylor wrote:
> Tooltip theming isn't broken....
>
> All you have to know is that tooltips aren't a special widget, they
> just create a GtkWindow with a name "gtk-tooltips"

  OK, fair enough. But - what is it, then (apart from the dearth of
theming documentation), that *all* of the GTK themes I've seen are doing
wrong?

  They all (pretty well) have something akin to the following:

  engine "pixmap"
  {
    image
      {
        function        = FLAT_BOX
        recolorable     = TRUE
        detail          = "tooltip"
        file            = "tooltip.png"
        border          = { 3, 3, 3, 3 }
        stretch         = TRUE
       }
   }

  ... with a tooltip.png that makes sense. I've tried changing the
'detail' field to "gtk-tooltips" but that doesn't do it.

  I have to add (assuming the theme uses a "default" style):

widget "gtk-tooltips" style "default"

  ... to the gtkrc of each theme. That then makes it work. And even then,
I'm not sure why (I cribbed it from a 1-2 year old GTK mailing-list
archive).

--
Neil Bird                          |  If this .signature   |