CXterm and Helloworld displaying problem

Hi,

I am learning GTK and tried to display helloworld in Chinese. I inputted
the Chinese translation on another machine and compiled on my machine.
Everything is fine except that it can't display chinese words on a button
and can't input a chinese word in a textbox

So We are installing chinese cxterm on my desktop (linux system )
in order to dispaly it in Chinese.

So we download the cxterm from
http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/HOWTO/Chinese-HOWTO-4.php3
and followed the instructions to install it under the account /home/jin.

The Chinese fonts(/home/jin/xfonts) and cxterm(/home/jin/bin) were
installed properly and verified.  We also added their paths like
xset fp+ /home/jin/xfonts.

But when we run CXterm, we were told :
Cannot identify a chinese font in the X Window system.

We ran xlsfonts and there is a list of corresponding fonts there.
We don't know what's the problem? We would like to hear your idea.

Thanks,

Jin