Re: [Fwd: GTK+ without X]

Hi Havoc, Hi Roman,

> Basically it's just a framebuffer port, as you might expect. It has
> exactly the same programming interface as regular GTK 1.3.x (unstable
> version leading up to 2.0). Its on-disk size is around 2.5 megabytes,
> with all stuff compiled in; custom compiles can be a good bit smaller.

Does that mean that GTKfb and GTK 1.3.x are not scheduled to become stable ?
Shall we wait for GTK 2.0 ? (do you know when it should be available ?)

> What do you mean by touch interface?

I guess it is touch screen support.
(kind of mandatory requirement for embedded devices of this category !)

Two more questions :
- do you know whether we can port GTKfb on top of VGA16 frame buffer ?
(or has someone succedded in running it on top of a i815 based PC - note: I
know this may looks quite strange but this is just for experimentation - not
for development or any other stuff).

Eric