Re: draw signals

"Dugas, Alan" <alan dugas analog com> writes:
> Opps, let me correct myself.  I'm finding that a "draw" AND an "expose_event"
> are being emitted.  Is there any way to filter this so that only the
> "expose_event" is acted upon.  My pixmaps are being refreshed by the
> "expose_event" and then redrawn by the "draw" signal unnecessarily.  By doing so
> it is forcing my to allocate memory for the redraw, when I don't really need to.
> The pixmap hasn't changed, so I only need to refresh it.  In and all help would
> be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

What widget is this? For drawing area, the draw signal simply sends an
expose event; so just handle expose event and ignore the draw
signal. Other widgets do it differently.

The draw signal is pointlessly distinguished from expose_event and
when one is used vs. the other is arbitrary. In GTK unstable version
there is no longer a draw signal at all, everything goes through
expose.

Havoc