Re: Icons

Jeff Shipman <shippy nmt edu> writes:

> How do the GdkWindow's work? The gdk_window_set_icon wants
> two GdkWindow's, and I don't have any. How would I go about
> creating these two windows? The GdkWindowAttr struct has
> quite a few fields and I'm not sure which ones I really
> must set.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

It's a choice - for gdk_window_set_icon(), you can either
provide a pixmap, and a mask.  (Like from
gdk_pixmap_colormap_new_from_xpm()), or you can provide
an icon window that you can create.

In theory, you must use an icon window if you want to use
a icon with more than two colors; in practice most window
managers will accept a pixmap which uses the system
colormap.

Regards,
                                        Owen