Re: gtk tutorial

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Jim M. wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an old book on writing applications with gtk that is
> a very good book with lots if good examples. Has anyone
> in here knows of an newly published book that is very
> useful for beginners and intermediate programmers in gtk
> env.?. Something that has the modern features of gtk ....
> Or, even a download site would be helpful...

Hi,

	What book do you have?  Not sure what you mean by "newly
published", but I'm using a book titled "Developing Linux Applications
with GTK+ and GDK" by Eric Harlow and published by New Riders which is
pretty good.  It's copyrighted 1999 with ISBN:  0-7357-0021-4.  I've
learned GTK+ completely from it but yes, I wouldn't mind of a second book
if anyone has any suggestions...thanks!

	I have seen some bugs in the sample programs, but they all seem to
be minor...

Ray