borders

I have widgets packed into a table and I would like
to add padding to the top of a widget. If I attach
it and modify the ypadding, then this adds padding
to the bottom as well, which is not what I want.
It doesn't work to add another column between the
objects because it's too much space. I tried using
row_spacing, but that didn't have the desired effect.
Is there any way to add padding to one side of
a widget?

Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy nmt edu
Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy