Re: ftw and CTree

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 12:23:49PM -0800, Matt Hillebrand wrote:
> I read about this function in the libc info pages. Wow. It sounds too good
> to be true.

Unfortunately, whilst it's in any UNIX derived from System V Release 3
or later, as well as in glibc, it's not in the BSD C library.  (To make
the software work on BSD, you'd have to put in your own implementation -
or take the glibc one, or perhaps make an ftw wrapper around the fts
routines - and arrange to use that on platforms that lack "ftw".
Perhaps I'll look at doing such a wrapper and submitting it to the
various BSDs....)

The BSD C library, and glibc, have the "fts" routines, but those aren't
in all of the commercial UNIXes.