Re: Problem with gdk_pixmap_create_from_data()

In message <87u25u4qyu fsf gimp org>you write:
>"Gordon Durnell" <gdurnell megavolt com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the pointer.  That was A problem, but apparently not THE problem.
>> I changed to a 3-byte color depth and still get the same error.  I suspect
>> it may be the bg and fg colors that I'm using.
>
>I looked at your code again and I think you should pass a valid window
>instead of NULL. Try to insert gtk_window_realize (window1) before
>creating the pixmap and use window1->window.

or you can follow the advice given in previous incarnations of this,
one of the most common questions on gtk-list, and use

    gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm()

and its equivalents. this function does not require a valid Window,
you can simply use gdk_colormap_get_system() to provide the necessary
colormap.

i admit to being guilty of not checking with bugzilla, but i hope that
this very confusing semantic area is fixed in 2.0 ....

--p