Re: Bizarre window behavior

Jeff Shipman <shippy nmt edu> writes:
> >      gtk_timeout_add (500, gtk_widget_hide, widget);
>
> Wow, that works great! Thanks a lot! One question, though. I
> do get a warning about using gtk_widget_hide because it is
> not a GtkFunctcion. How could I get rid of that warning?

Pass a function of the correct type:

gint
hide_timeout (gpointer data)
{
  GtkWidget *widget = data;
  gtk_widget_hide (widget);
  return FALSE;
}

gtk_widget_hide() returns void, which means essentially a random
value, so could be called a bunch of times if you add it as a timeout
and the random junk in memory at the return location turns out to be
TRUE over and over.

Havoc