Re: Some questions

El Sáb 03 Feb 2001 21:14, escribiste:

> > 1) Hitting TAB once and again, focus goes from a widget to another, until
>
> It's a bug. It may be fixed in GTK 1.2.9, but it might break some
Oops! :-(

> > 2) There is a way to justify widgets into its container cell? I wish

> As others have said, GtkMisc subclasses have a builtin set_alignment()
> feature, non-GtkMisc widgets can be packed into a GtkAlignment which
> allows them to be aligned.
Ok... I didn't find it before, as I believed such thing should be in
GtkWidget.

> > 3) Eventually, I'll need a more flexible layout, a "raw" layout that
>
> GtkFixed, as people said.
>
> Remember that fixed coordinates break the following things, where
> "break" means truncated text, overlapping widgets, and other redraw
> bugs:
> [...]
>  - fonts other than the one you used to write the app
>  - internationalization, because this leads to different text sizes
> In addition, the fixed widget can't properly be mirrored in
> right-to-left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic. i.e. normally GTK
> will flip the interface to put labels on the right of the thing they
> label, it can't do that with GtkFixed
Humm...

> Finally, fixed positioning makes it kind of annoying to add/remove GUI
> elements, since you have to reposition all the others.

I'm not trying to lay out all the elements by myself, but let my app laid
them out in a non-standard way.

> This breakage is OK if you know your app will be used only with
> operating system configurations you have control over, of course. But
> you should be aware of the tradeoffs.

Thanks for pointing that out. However, I feel difficult to achieve my goals
using standard containers, and writing my own is not in my plans.
I see I will think about some way to do that using tables or boxes, but it
doesn't seem easy.

--
Saludos

Julio César Gázquez