Re: Some questions

Julio Cesar Gazquez wrote:

I started using GTK two weeks ago, in a project that involves interface building driven by XML definition

There are at least two toolkits that provide XML layout for GTK+, including libglade (written for C) and SDPGTK (written for C++ ... http://www.k-3d.com).

3) Eventually, I'll need a more flexible layout, a "raw" layout that don't care about wigets positions, as positions are set up by hand (i.e. coordinates). I don't worry too much about resizing, but application needs makes deal with container-into-container strategies and such impossible. There is some container class I can use?

GtkFixed does this, although it's very rarely used - arguably, hardcoding widget sizes/positions is *less* flexible ...

Regards,
Tim