Re: how to read a file into a GString

wow --- you just made me look, and i just noticed that libglib 1.3 is
available for debian testing.  if so, my guess is that it's available
for just about every linux distribution except for debian stable and
perhaps slackware.

that justifies using it in my programs that are distributed to other
people.   can't wait to look at the reference manual to see what new
goodies are available.  kinda like a christmas present from the gtk
developers.  :)

pete

begin Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>

> Peter Jay Salzman <p dirac org> writes:
> > the code would be much nicer if i could read the file data directly
> > into a GString rather than into a gchar and convert the gchar to a
> > GString.
> >
> > is there a way to read a file directly into a GString?
>
> Look at the source to g_file_get_contents() in GLib 1.3.12
>
> Havoc

PGP Public Key:  finger p dirac org