Re: font failbacks

Hi Olaf,

	I had the same problem before and I can't quite remember how I
fixed it, but I think I came to the conclusion that it couldn't be fixed.
Were you trying to run a statically linked executable or a dynamically
linked one?

	I installed GTK on multiple other machines and it worked for some
and not for others (giving the same error as you got).  While all were
administered by the same system admin, the only thing I could come up with
was the ones that did not work had not been upgraded for at least a year
(software upgrade).  I think it's the C library, but that is just a guess.

	I think I posted a message here, but did not get a reply.  And as
I did not have system administrator access on those machines, I gave up.
If the problem was a software upgrade, I could have told the sysadmin to
upgrade it, but without knowing the exact problem, I wasn't prepared to
ask the sysadmin to find out for me.

	If you have better luck, please let me know; I would be interested
in what you find out!

Ray

PS:  I was using 1.3.10 at the time; you could try 1.3.11 and see if that
helps.  I doubt it would, though.