font failbacks

Hello again!

I compiled and installed gtk+-1.3.10 on an other system than mine. Everything worked fine but when trying to run a newly created app I got an error like this.

WARNING** Couldn't load font 'Sans 10' falling back to 'Sans 10'

WARNING** Couldn't load font 'Sans 10' falling back to 'Sans 10'

WARNING** All font failbacks failed

What does it mean and (the most important thing) how can I solve that problem?
I'm running it on SuSE 7.3 (the newest) with XFree 4.1

Thank's in advance,

Olaf Leidinger