Compiling GLib under XDarwin (Mac OSX)

An apology for the newbie question.

I am trying to install GLib under XDarwin, a program running over XFree86 v. 4.1.0 on a Mac OSX system. When I ./configure , I get a message while its configuring
configure: warning: I can't find MACRO, that enables thread safety on your platform (normally ir's _REENTRANT). I'll not use any flag on compilation now, but then your programs might not work. Please provide information on how it is done on your system.

Then later, on make:
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -g -02 -Wall -c giounix.c -o giounix.o
giounix.c:1317 bad macro argument list

How do I provide configure with the correct MACRO list, and is that the problem that is rearing its ugly head under make?

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I am using 4.1.0? (As a side note, configure.guess does not recognize my comp as ppc-machten, which has forced me to change configure.guess to always return those values)

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Paul Seligman