Re: Gray scales

    romildo> I decided to use GTK+. Looking in its reference manual, I have
    romildo> found the GdkRGB module, which can be used to display RGB,
    romildo> grayscale and colormapped images to a native window. I have
    romildo> experimented with it a litle and have come to the conclusion
    romildo> that its gray scale has 256 levels, ranging from 0 to 255.

    romildo> Is there any way to work with other gray scales with GTK+?

In your case, I think you should be able to simply scale your grey values by
a factor of 4 before passing them to Gtk.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
http://www.mojam.com/