Font et GtkText

Hello,

Veiled, after long search I have finally find the means to create my own font
for linux. To test it I have to use an editor of text, and there are no pb,
it functions well. Also with xfd.

So, I write in gtk:
#define SMILEY_FONT
"-epimessenger-smiley-medium-r-normal--21-100-150-150-p-78-iso10646-1"

smiley = gdk_font_load(SMILEY_FONT);
gtk_text_insert(GTK_TEXT(box), smiley, NULL, NULL, "A", 1);

When I launch my program, in fact, there is only an invisible caratere. We
can imagine that it is here, because we can selected it with mouse but it is
all.

Somebody could help me.
Thank you.
Arno