Re: [pygtk] GtkCanvas vs. Gtk+ 1.3.x

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I'd like to use GtkCanvas within my PyGtk2 stuff.  Teaching James's wrappers
> to wrap it should be fairly straightforward, and I'm comfortable with
> Python's API so anything I'd have to do manually to wrap it would be no big
> deal.  I'm more worried about the use of Gtk+ 1.2 and imlib.  Has anyone
> already ported GtkCanvas to the Gtk+ 2.0 API and replaced imlib with
> gdk-pixbuf?

Well, the other option is to look at libgnomecanvas, which has been split
out of libgnomeui for gnome 2.0 (its dependencies are just gtk 2.0 and
libart).  It will be distributed as a separate tarball, rather than being
bundled with other gnome libraries.  I haven't started on the bindings for
this though (or any of the gnome 2.0 platform).

James.