MIPs Compile

Hello,

Does anyone know how to compile the GTK libraries so that I can compile GTK programs to run on the MIPS?

So far what I have done is change "gcc" in the "configure" file to "mipsel-linux-gcc" and changed
	exec_prefix='/usr/mipsel-linux'
	prefix='/usr/mipsel-linux'
Then I have a successful compile of the GTK libraries.

When I compile my software it comes back with
...."file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

Is there something else I need to change or look out for? If anyone has MIPs version of the libraries to send me, I'll settle for that.

-Mark