Re: resolution and font size change

   Cc: gtk-list gnome org
				<3B7171B200000D83 iso3 vistocorporation com> (added by administrator vistocorporation com)

   >I know press ctl-alt- +/- to change the
   >resolution, but what if I would like to do it through a
   >push button on self created dialog box. Can it be done
   >by coding?

   certainly not directly. the ctl-alt-+/- key binding is direct to the X
   server itself. it completely bypasses all widget toolkits and the
   window manager. it generally results in a reset of the video
   interface, amongst other things. not the sort of stuff an application
   would tend to do ;)

There must be a way, though I don't have any idea how.  There is a
Gnome capplet called gVidChanger that does it... perusing the code is
probably called for.  I'll hazard a guess that you'll have to get down
to the xlib level to do it.

   >	     and also change the font size of desktop?

   there is no "font size of the desktop". individual applications use
   various font sizes, and offer their users various ways of controlling
   those sizes.

While individual applications are free to change the font, all gtk
apps have a default font inherited from the current desktop theme.  I
use gnome, so I'm used to setting the theme through the control
panel...  and gtk.themes.org is stalling before sending me a whole
page, so I can't check there.  My guess is that you'll get information
on setting up themes without using Gnome there.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002