Re: resolution and font size change

>I know press ctl-alt- +/- to change the
>resolution, but what if I would like to do it through a
>push button on self created dialog box. Can it be done
>by coding?

certainly not directly. the ctl-alt-+/- key binding is direct to the X
server itself. it completely bypasses all widget toolkits and the
window manager. it generally results in a reset of the video
interface, amongst other things. not the sort of stuff an application
would tend to do ;)

>	     and also change the font size of desktop?

there is no "font size of the desktop". individual applications use
various font sizes, and offer their users various ways of controlling
those sizes.