Re: gcc oriented questions

>Yep, you're right, my explanation wasn't very convincing.
>
>But I think for a beginner we shouldn't start with the
>function-pointer point of view at the first place. I'll
>try to summarize:

Well, when I started programming in C++ (this was actually after
working on the internals of Cfront :), I could not understand why a
ptr-to-member function was any different than any other kind of
ptr-to-function. In fact, more than that - the distinction really
annoyed me. So, for me personally, understanding that was really
critical. However, everybody else's mileage may vary.

BTW, your explanation is a good one, too.

--p