Gnome & Gtk Canvas

Hy everybody,

I was trying this GnomeCanvas to make it draw a few lines to test how it
works. Well I never manage to make it draw anything, I just received all the
time on the console output that "points" is not to be found in the line
class ancestry...

So I've changed the object to a GtkCanvas, but I'm going into other
troubles! This time no warning at all are displayed. But once I execute the
code which should draw me the lines nothing appear on the screen! But if I
hide the window and show it again, then I can see the lines on it. I've
tryed many thing, read many source code of example, etc. But found nothing I
could have missed. (I cannot access the gtk-list archive because our http
network is since last Monday down! So I couldn't check for my problem in it)

Any help, experience, example with comments would be greatly appreciate!

Best regards,
---
Jean-Christophe Berthon