Re: GTK 1.2 Tree Item Signal

> What's the difference between "stop all instances" and "stop it from
> happening"?

If a fire is caused in a location everytime someone presses a button, do
you assign someoen with a fire extinguisher to stand over the location
where the fire is started or do you fix what the button controls so that
it doesn't start a fire?

The difference is that one is a configuration option, the other is a hack.

> BTW, if this is GtkTree, that widget is pretty broken - GtkCTree is
> recommended.

Actually, except for this, it works adequately.  GtkCTree is also
obsoleted, as is GtkTree, in GTK 2.0 so I don't see recoding once to
recode again....  If this is an undocumented, unconfigurable "feature" of
gtk1.2, we'll use such a hack until gtk2.0....  But it doesn't rank well
in my book.

j.