Re: GtkButton problem
- From: Paul Davis <pbd Op Net>
- To: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- Cc: "Henrik Grimm" <henrik_grimm hotmail com>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GtkButton problem
- Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:20:10 -0400
>> it should be pretty simple to try. i've run into several problems
>> trying to do certain things from a button_press_event, even though
>> that seemed like the logical place to do them.
>the logical and correct way to deal with buttons is to connect to the
I didn't say using a GtkButton.
In general, handling anything from button_press_event is potentially
very tricky. X and thus GDK and thus GTK go to some length to ensure
that the same widget that receives an X event corresponding to the
button press also gets the one corresponding to the button release. If
you do things to make this hard (or impossible), things can get very
This applies to DrawingAreas, Menus and many other widgets, which have
no "clicked" event.
] [Thread Prev