Re: scrollbar display options

>So maybe you can enlighten me, I need a scrollbar (or actually a gtkhscale)
>with three sliders instead of one. Two sliders are supposed to be
>represented by small thin lines or these small arrow-like-thingies like the
>ones you saw below the scale in the http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~dave/gsmix.gif
>But their maximal value and minimal value should not be the first/last
>pixel of the gtkhscale but rather the minimal/maximal value of the middle
>of the normal (third) slider.

i don't fully understand this, but i don't think it affects my
response below?

>How do I calculate their positions then? I could for example use the
>gtkhscale as a part in my Struct of this widget, but then I cannot access
>the width/height of the slider of the widget and the maximal/minimal
>position of the slider. I can also make a new widget based on the code but
>then I'm doubling code which is ugly.

why do you think you cannot access the width/height of a widget? what
you can't do very easily is to position stuff precisely, relative to
other widgets. Havoc described a constraint widget that solves some of
these problems for fairly simple cases, but I don't think there is a
general solution.

but more importantly, what you're describing is still just aggregation
based on placement. using an existing widget as a member of another
widget doesn't stop the kind of problems that were described.

*if* you want things to work right with all themes, then you need to
create a new widget. otherwise, it will work most of the time, but not
all.

--p