Re: How do I find recommended replacements for deprecated functions?

<skip pobox com> writes:

> If a function is deprecated in the new api the reference manual contains a
> fairly generic warning, e.g.:
>
>     gtk_window_set_default_size is deprecated and should not be used in
>     newly-written code.
>
> Is there a way to find out what I should be using instead of any given
> deprecated function?  Assuming there is no document that outlines such
> mappings (I realize it won't always be one-to-one), if I start to collect
> such information is there a place in the documentation where I could add it,
> perhaps by embellishing the generic warning?  I'd be happy to do the grunt
> work but need some strategy hints.

The replacement function is normally listed with the docs for the
function. This particular case is just screwed up because the
replacement function, gtk_window_set_size() was temporarily removed.
(It will be added back later, I just removed the deprecation
#ifdefs for gtk_window_set_default_size() until that hapens.)

Also, see docs/Changes-2.0.txt; we'll do a more tutorial porting
guide later.

Regards,
                                        Owen