Re: Defaults

Ian King <king eiffel com> writes:

> How do I get my gtk application to always use the default gtk theme
> instead of using the one chosen by the theme selector in gnome?

gtk_rc_set_default_files (empty_string_array) looks like it will
work. If not, putenv ("GTK_RC_FILES=") should work.

Of course you nuke any user settings in the RC files in addition to
the theme. (Themes are just RC files.)

> Does gtk install a font when it is installed?  If not, is there a
> guarantee that it's default font (which I think is helvetica 12 pt) is
> available on the system?

The only font that's really guaranteed to exist is "fixed." GTK
doesn't install any fonts. GTK will fall back to "fixed" if necessary.

Havoc